If you’ve just signed up for Siteground hosting or looking to start a new blog on wordpress ? This simple tutorial will let you know how to install wordpress on siteground hosting .
Before going into the tutorial, for beginners in order to create a new blog , you need to have a Domain Name ( yourname.com ) and Hosting account ( to host your site online ) .
Table of Contents
Set Up WordPress on SiteGround
I usually register my domain on NameCheap as they offer Free Whois Guard + Cheap SSL on the market , if you’re starting – you may also go with Free Domain name offered by Siteground .
So, i assume you’ve already got your domain name and siteground hosting now . The good thing to start with is the neat & clean interfaced cPanel built right into SiteGround’s account page.
In this guide, i’m going to show you the installation procedure i went through for my blog ( www.bloggerscrunch.com ) . I signed up for Siteground hosting with 60% discount during Black Friday Deals.
Since i’ve my domain already registered on NameCheap, If you had chosen Siteground’s free domain, you no need todo this step .
So now we’ve Domain + SSL and Hosting ready, What’s next is, install SSL certificate on Siteground cpanel, if you’re not sure how to do it, i’ll write an article on it very soon .
How to Install WordPress on Siteground Hosting Cpanel ?
Gone are the days, where you’ve to manually create Database, Download & Upload WordPress software and connect it to install & run your blog .
But nowadays, we’ve many One click installers that comes preloaded with the cPanel on most of the hosting service providers .
Siteground too has one-click installer Softaculous for wordpress , joomla, magneto and others, but we’re looking at WordPress in this article.
- First step after login, please Add your Domains by going to the DOMAINS section > ADDON DOMAINS ( click )
2. Enter New Domain Name : www.bloggerscrunch.com and password and click ” Addon Domain ” .
3. You’ll be greeted with ” Successfully Added ” message on the next page. Now, go back and click ” WordPress ” on AutoInstallers section .
4. On the new page, Click ” Install ” and scroll down a bit to see Software Setup options,
5. Choose which version you want your blog to be, i normally choose ” www ” version, since i’ve got SSL, i chose ” https://www ” here . and next choose your Domain Name that we’ve added in just recently .
6. You’ll see “ Site Settings ” section , where you’ve to enter Site Name ( Blog Title ) , Site Description ( Blog Description ) , enter different Admin Username and difficult password , click “INSTALL ”
7. It should take only few seconds to Install WordPress on your selected domain name in Siteground , and then the WordPress Admin URL , Blog URL will be displayed on the success page .
The WordPress Dashboard URL will be : http://yourblog.com/wp-admin
You may then login to WordPress , install new themes, plugins, publish new articles on your all new wordpress blog . Since this blog is aimed at helping beginners, we’ll also post on those topics .
Hope you like this simple tutorial on How to install wordpress on Cpanel using One Click installers on Siteground Hosting . If you’ve any doubts or queries, don’t hesitate to post your comments .