How to AddOn New Domain on Cpanel
If you’re hosting your website on Cpanel and wants to add new website ? Here is a simple step by step guide on how to add more domains to your hosting account.
We all start with single website or blog, once we start seeing success or be happy about what we’re doing, we begin to scale up.
I started my first blog on blogger then on wordpress, after getting familiar with the platform i then created many wordpress blogs on different niches most of them on single hosting account.
Also read: How to Add Free SSL in WordPress
So, it’s not that you’ve to purchase new hosting account for every single domain you’ve, almost all hosting companies offer multi-domain hosting features.
For example, i host bloggerscrunch on siteground as add on domain, that is the primary domain to this account is tamilblogging.
By this way, you can add on any number of domains to your hosting account if your plan supports it.
It all depends on the package you choose, when you sign up for new hosting services, make sure it atleast support two more add on domains.
And don’t worry about subdomains, you can create any number of subdomains.
How to Add New Domains on Cpanel:
So, I guess you’ve a Cpanel account with add on domain plan by now, We’ll proceed with the step directly,
- First login to your hosting account, here i’m on SiteGround the best shared web hosting provider in terms of performance,
- Goto Add On Domains
Enter your new Domain Name
Check Create FTP Account
Click ” ADD DOMAIN ”
Installing WordPress on your New Add on Domain :
- Goto Cpanel homepage, click WordPress
- Click ” Install ” & Choose protocol & Domain that you’ve just added ,
- You may now leave Site Name & Description as it is, it can be changed later . next enter your desired wordpress admin username & password , email id,
- Proceed & click ” Install ” , you may also change WP Table Prefix, WP Database name in the advanced section
- WordPress Installation will be completed within few minutes.
Your wordpress admin url will be , www.yourname.com/wp-admin , just use your wordpress admin username & password you’ve just created to access WP dashboard.
Finally, You’ve added your new addional domain to your cpanel now.
You may be on a2host, bluehost, hostgator or any hosting company but the procedure is same if you’re on Cpanel.
What’s next ?
You may check out installing wordpress on A2hosting guide if you’re planning to create wp blog or upload HTML files if you’re about to build html based website.
Have any queries or questions regarding this ? Do post your comments.